Tour with private Transport and private service (guide). Trip from Arequipa to Cabanaconde, trekking in and at the edge of the Colca Canyon as well as journey to Puno in private transportation in order to be ready for the Lake Titicaca on the following day.
Day 1: Arequipa – Patahuasi – Colca Window – Callalli – Sibayo – Tuti – Coporaque – Ichupampa – Lari – Pinchollo – Cabanaconde
You will be picked up at your Hotel at 07.00 am to start your tour to the Colca Canyon passing by Patahuasi, then visiting the Colca Window to take some nice picture and going on to Callalli, where you can stroll through te village. From Callalli we continue to Sibayo, Tuti and Coporaque, where we will have lunch. After our lunch break, we pass by Ichupampa, Lari and Pinchollo, before finally arriving in Cabanaconde, where we spend the night.
Note: If you wish you can take a dip in the hot spings La Calera close to Chivay, just talk to your guide.
You leave your big luggage in Cabanaconde with your diver, who will take it on the third day to the lookout point San Miguel, when picking you up.
Meals included: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Trekking Cabanaconde – Sangalle – Malata – Coshñirgua – San Juan de Chuccho
We start early in the morning at 07.00 am from Cabanaconde to walk down to Sangalle, where we enjoy the nature, can have a swim in the swimming pool and have lunch. After lunch we continue hiking up to pass the small villages of Malata y Coshñirgua (2'450 meters above sea level) before arriving in San Juan de Chuccho, where we have dinner and spend the night.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: San Juan de Chuccho – Mirador San Miguel – Chivay – Puno
After breakfats we start our second day of trekking in San Miguel crossing the Colca River and going up until reaching the lookout point of San Miguel, where our private car is waiting for us to bring us to Chivay. In Chivay we have time for lunch before taking the tourist bus to Puno at 01.00 pm.
Meals included: Breakfast
Price per person by a group of minimum 2 people
- Private transportation from Arequipa to Puno
- Private official tourism guide
- Night in bungalows (San Juan de Chuccho) on basis of multiple accommodation (double, triple, four bed room)
- Night in bungalows (Oasis Paraiso) double room with private bathroom
- Food during the trek (2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 dinner)
- The food includes omelets, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, beef, rice; all rich of carbohydrates, which are needed to compensate the physical exertion due to the trekking as well as hot drinks like tea of coca leafs which is excellent for the altitude.
- Entrance ticket the Cruz del Condor reserve (S./ 70, paid separately to the local tourism authority AutoColca)
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs of la Calera (S./ 15, optional)
- Food in the city (Chivay), last lunch
- Personal clothes and trekking equipment
- Water, snacks, chocolate, etc.
What to Bring:
- Day pack
- Shoes or boots with strong sole
- Trekking pants (shorts-convertible are good)
- Short or long-sleeved light layers
- Fleece, sweater or soft shell jacket
- Hat or cap, preferably broad-brimmed, sunglasses, and suncream
- Swimming gear
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Water and chocolate, sweets or other snacks
During sunny conditions you are likely to consume approximately a 1/2 litre of water per hour: we recommend that you carry approximately 1.5 litres of water while trekking. We also recommend that you carry chocolates, sweets, and something salty (to replace minerals lost through sweating). Water and snacks can be bought in all the villages we pass through during this trek, as well as sometimes on the canyon trail itself.
NOTE: As the tour is with a private transportation, you can also choose to stop at different places as Cruz del Condor or other places. Just talk to the driver and he can show you more places and bring you there.